Storage tanks are used across industries to store and protect process liquids and materials of many kinds such as chemicals, oil, gas, water, wastewater, raw materials, and more. There are many types of storage tanks available on the market of varying sizes, shapes, purposes, accessories, and materials, and most can be customized to meet specific application needs.
Using our in-house unique extrusion winding capabilities, Houston PolyTank custom fabricates industrial-strength plastic storage tanks up to 50,000 gallons.
What are Industrial Storage Tanks?
Industrial storage tanks see broad uses for short- and long-term material storage in a variety of industries. Here are some examples:
- The chemical industry uses plastic storage tanks for material storage, and as reactors for various chemical processes.
- Renewable power generation operations use large, extrusion-wound polyethylene and polypropylene tanks as battery casings for large chemical batteries used to store energy in a chemical form collected from renewable sources.
- Water and wastewater facilities use plastic tanks for processing and water treatment operations.
There are many types of industrial storage tanks that vary in terms of shape, intended use, and material composition. The most common shapes include cylindrical and rectangular tanks. There are other features that can be customized, such as:
- The bottom of most tanks may be flat or cone-shaped.
- Tops can be open or closed.
- Rectangular tanks can be made in a variety of dimensions.
- Cylindrical tanks may be horizontal or vertical.